You can open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in any authorized bank as well as in the post offices. I will show you everything you require to open the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
How to open the Sukanya Samriddhi Account
You can fill-up the form and reach your nearest bank or post office to open the account.
You will require the following documents –
- Birth Certificate of Girl Child
- Identity proof of the parents or legal guardians
- Address proof of the parents or legal guardians
- Birth certificates of both girls if applying for 2nd girl child’s account
In case the birth certificate is not available, parents can submit the documents below-
- A certificate issued by the Principle of the school including date of birth of the girl.
- A certificate issued by the hospital where the girl child was born verifying the date of birth the girl.
- Passport of the girl child.
- Aadhar Card of the girl child.
You have to deposit a minimum of Rs. 250 along with the above discussed documents to open the Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
Here’s the list of authorized banks-
- Axis Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Bank of Maharashtra (BOM)
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Bank of Baroda (BOB)
- Corporation Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India (CBI)
- Dena Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Indian Bank
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- United Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Syndicate Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- Vijaya Bank
Application form for Sukanya Samriddhi Account
You can also save the below image by right clicking and then click on ‘Save image as’ option.
You cannot apply for SSY account online. However, the offline process of Sukanya Samriddhi Account is very simple and it takes a few minutes to open the account when you approach any of the branch of bank/post office.