Last Updated : 14th March, 2018
SimplyClick Credit Card from State Bank of India is probably the best SBI credit card for salaried employees who love to shop online on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, FabFurnish, Lenskart, OLA, and Zoomcar.
The bank promotes SimplyClick Credit Card with tagline, “For a generation that is always online”.
For a limited time, SBI is giving BookMyShow vouchers worth Rs. 250 on approval of SBI SimplyClick credit card + Rs. 500 Amazon gift card (that will cover the first year annual fees of the card).
The card is exclusively designed for online shoppers. I applied for SBI SimplyClick but the bank denied my application because my address is not covered under their service. My bad. I would have earned 10x points on my amazon and cleartrip shopping if I would have SimplyClick.
SBI Simply Click vs Simply Save
Both credit cards are offered by SBI with a similar name but different features. Both cards have same annual fees (499). Simply save credit card is focused on rewards from dining, movies, departmental stores and groceries.
The comparison gives you a clear direction.
Annual Fees Waiver
Simply Click comes at the annual fees of 499/- rupees that would be reversed in the subsequent year if you spend Rs.1,00,000 in one year after the card approval.
SBI SimplyClick credit card eligibility
SBI do not offer credit card to people whose address is not serviceable, means you should live in a big city to enjoy SBI credit cards. (Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Baroda, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Calcutta, Chennai, Coimbatore, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida)
- You must have good credit score and credit history
- Your salary should be more than 3,00,000 per annum
- Your age should be more than 23 years.
- Your chances of approval increases if you already have a credit card and a landline at your home/office.
- 10X rewards on online spends – Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / FabFurnish / Lenskart / OLA / Zoomcar
- Earn 5X rewards on others.
- Rs 500 gift voucher from Amazon
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs.500 & Rs.3000
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs. 1 Lakh
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs
Special Offers Valid till 31st March 2017
- BookMyShow – Rs.100 instant cashback for first time BookMyShow APP users.
- Cleartrip – Rs.700 instant cashback on domestic roundtrip flights (Rs.5,000+) using Mobile App (500 in case of website)
- Zoomcar – Rs.600 off on booking Self-Drive Zoomcar worth Rs.2,500
Should You Apply for the Card?
This is a great credit card for the first time online shoppers because you can get welcome bonus money from all partner websites and apps where you make transaction for the first time.
You can earn points from online shopping from Amazon, that undoubtedly is the most trusted online website worldwide. If you spend 100,000 rupees on partner websites then you will earn 10,000 points. You can redeem the points for 2500 rupees worth of amazon vouchers.
That’s straight 2.5% cashback.
A Quick Link to Apply for SBI SimplyClick Credit Card
For non-partner websites, you will earn 5x points only and your returns will also become half. 1.25% is still better than many other credit cards those offers high reward points but return less than 1% on redemption.
Pro Tip: Always calculate reward to cash ratio before applying for credit cards.
Once you have one credit card from SBI, you will have better chances of getting approval of premium credit cards from SBI and other banks.
If you failed to get the approval of SBI credit card then you should apply credit cards from ICICI, HDFC and Standard Chartered which are relatively easy to get approved.