Updated on – 30th Jan 2022
UpStox is one of the biggest emerging discount brokers in India backed by a group of investors including Ratan Tata, GVK Davix, and Kalaari Capital.
UpStox provides one of the fatest high-tech trading platform which is the main requirement for the traders.
You will need to a fix brokerage of Rs 20 charge with Upstox account irrespective of trade volume.
You can trade using Upstox in
Let’s review Upstox demat & Trading account in detail
Upstox Demat & Trading Account Review
UpStox Brokerage Charges
You have to pay a discount brokerage of Rs. 20 per order or 0.05% (whichever is lower).
Basic plan is for the newcomers with low trading volume.
Priority Plan is for professional traders. You pay Rs. 30 per trade or 0.10% (whichever is lower) and in return get upto 25x leverage on the cash equities segment.
Two packs under the Priority Plan-
- Upstox charges Rs. 999/month for Equities, F&O, and CDS.
- Rs. 499/month plan for commodities.
|Equity Intraday Trading||Basic Plan– Rs. 20 or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
Priority Plan– Rs. 30 or 0.10% (whichever is lower)
|Equity Options||Flat Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||Rs. 20 or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
|Currency Options||Flat Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Commodity Options||Flat Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Commodity Futures||Rs. 20 or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
Upstox Annual Charges
- Upstox Account opening charges – Rs 300
- UpStox annual maintenance charge – Rs. 300
The account opening charge will be waived off for SimpleInterest readers
UpStox Demat & Trading Account Features
Features of UpStox Demat Account are –
- Digital Account Opening offers a paperless account opening. You can trade within 2 hrs following the submission of the online application form with documents.
- Realtime Tracking of Market gives live updates of market data and trading decisions
- All in One Place, you can monitor all your stocks and mutual funds in one place
- Fast & Stable Platform offers a range of charting tools to place the correct order on time
Features of UpStox Trading Account are –
- Faster trading Account, monitor prices in real time
- Save more while you earn, get better leverage while trading intraday
- Control of your trades, you can trade across multiple asset classes, monitor your profits with customized watchlists
- All trades in one place, a single account across segments
Benefits of UpStox Demat and Trading Account
- Brokerage free trading in equity delivery segment
- Priority package customers can enjoy higher margin leverage
- Web browser, desktop and mobile based trading platforms for quick trading without any software fee.
- UpStox MF platform helps to invest in 1000’s of mutual funds
Cons of UpStox Demat & Trading Account
- UpStox Demat debit transaction charges is high than other discount brokers
- You cannot invest in IPO, FPO, Bond, and NCDs
- There is no unlimited monthly trading plans in UpStox
- Average customer support
UpStox Additional Products
#1. UpStox Priority Pack
UpStox Priority Pack is the advanced version of UpStox basic plan. UpStox Priority Pack is available for frequent traders who trade in intraday and F&O segments.
On UpStox Priority Pack, you will get upto 25x leverage on the cash segment.
UpStox Priority Pack Benefits,
- Included all the benefits of UpStox basic plan
- 2X intraday leverage on option buy with CO/OCO/BO
- Up to 7X leverage on index futures using CO/OCO/BO
- Stock search, analyze, trade, and monitor stocks, currencies, F&O, and commodities
- Advance charting for professional traders for technical analysis
- Wide range of indicators, chart types, data rich user interface
The brokerage charges of UpStox Priority Pack is Rs. 30 per trade or 0.05% (whichever is lower).
You should opt for UpStox Priority Pack if you need high margins to trade on a regular basis.
Also check – Complete Zerodha review
UpStox Trading Platforms
UpStox offers web-based and mobile-based trading platforms that make it easy to place your orders through a website or mobile. Apart from this, UpStox also has three desktop-based partner trading platforms.
#1. UpStox Pro Web
Pro Web is the web based trading platform of UpStox that can be accessed from any browser on a desktop, laptop or mobile for real time data.
Pro Web offers fast and secure trading with its powerful charting features and technical indicators. You can create watchlists and track desired scripts.
Pro Web helps to pre-set your order preferences and quickly place orders during high volatile times.
You will get in depth analysis of data with the help of advanced charts and indicators.
#2. UpStox Pro Mobile
Pro Mobile app is the mobile trading app of UpStox that helps the users to trade quickly using the Pro Mobile app installed on their mobile. Both Android and iOS apps are available to install from the app stores.
UpStox Pro Mobile is powered with features like advanced charting, placing orders directly from the charts, creating unlimited watchlists and 100 technical indicators to apply on real time charts.
UpStox partnered with iDarts to offer the desktop trading platform of Dartstock for their users.
Features of Dartstock trading platform are,
- Live scanner tool to scan market activity and trends for the day, week, month, and year
- Time and sales filter to scan markets with filters based on Traded Value, Quantity ,Index, Sector or personalised watchlist group.
- Trend scanner identifies trends when the market is in Bullish Zone or a Bear Zone.
#4. NEST Trader
UpStox tied up with Thomson Reuters to give the advantages of NEST Trader desktop trading platform to their users.
You can download and install the application on your desktop or laptop.
Features of NEST Trader platform are,
- Customizable interface helps to customize every component as per each user’s requirement
- Low latency and enterprise level stability helps NEST to stream data with fastest possible refresh rates
- Advanced charting spots trends
- Multiple monitor support stream data on multiple monitors with multiple components
#5. Fox Trader
UpStox has partnered with Reliable Software India Pvt. Ltd. to bring the FoxTrader trading software for their desktop/laptop users.
Features of Fox Trader platform are,
- Easy backtesting & Live scanning provides ways to analyse past data and monitor markets in real time
- Automate Strategies helps to run your strategies on charts and scanners
- Sharp analysis of the market to get insights of the market movement
Also read – Upstox vs Zerodha Complete comparison
How to Open Upstox Demat & Trading Account
UpStox Demat and Trading account opening is very fast and easy. UpStox has made the entire process paperless.
You need to fill and submit the online application form along with your PAN card Aadhar card.
Once your details get verified and approved, you will get the unique login id for trading in 1 or 2 days’.
You can keep the following documents ready to make the application process on the fast track.
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- A Cancelled Cheque
- Latest Bank Statement with IFSC/MICR code
If you are looking for a long term investment with a reduced brokerage fee, you should definitely open UpStox account.
You can explore the high tech real-time trading platforms of UpStox to get high margins of your investment.