Updated on 10 April 2021
I am using Standard Chartered Manhattan card for many years and I am in absolute love with it. Why? Because Manhattan card is all rounder card for me.
I use my HDFC Regalia credit card for travel and foreign transaction because that offers the lower foreign transaction surcharge in India. I use Amex Gold credit card 4 times in a month for loading 1000 rupees into my mobile wallets.
When I am in doubt, I prefer to use Manhattan credit card because it gives me 5x reward points that I redeem on buying amazon vouchers. The redemption process is just awesome on the Standard Chartered credit card‘s website.
What is the primary benefit of Manhattan credit card?
To get 5% cashback on groceries that no other credit card offers in India. You can shop in superstores like Big Bazaar, Reliance, Easyday, and More.
Manhattan credit card has probably the best reward to cash ratio that I will explain in the detail, later in this article, look at the fee structure first.
Fees and Charges of Manhattan Card
- Annual Fees – The card comes with joining fees of 499 and annual fees of 999.
- Reward Handling Charges – Free for online vouchers that I prefer, Rs 99 will be charged shipping physical products.
- Overseas Transactions – 3.5% transaction fee.
Look at the calculations how I get 1% of cashback after redemption.
- 3 reward points for every 150 rupees spend.
- If I spend 300,000 rupees then I receive 10,000 points.
- I redeem 3 amazon vouchers of Rs. 1000 with approx 10,000 points.
- Total 3000 rupees after spending 3 lakh, means 1% of the value.
Also, you can get 500 rupees every month from 5% cashback on groceries. Get 6000 just by grocery spend in a year. Not bad.
A single credit card can give you 10,000 worth of cashback every year if you use it carefully.
Understand some limits when shopping in supermarkets
- 1000 rupees Minimum transaction to be eligible for cashback (It’s not a big amount if you are buying from a supermarket)
- 150 cashback limit per transaction (Make multiple bills if your shopping amount is more than 3000)
- 500 cashback limit per month
I never felt any issue with these limits as my spending is within 10,000 monthly bills on groceries.
Once you start using your credit card for all kinds of transactions, the bank will waive off your annual fees.
But you have to call their customer support and request for the waiver.
Check out – 7 ways to pay SC credit card bill
Manhattan Credit Card Customer Care
|Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune||6601 4444 / 3940 4444|
|Allahabad, Amritsar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Cochin / Ernakulam, Coimbatore, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Kanpur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Nagpur, Patna , Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||6601 444 / 3940 444|
|Gurgaon, Noida||011 – 39404444 / 011 – 66014444|
|Jalgaon, Guwahati, Cuttack, Mysore, Thiruvananthpuram, Vishakhapatnam, Mathura, Proddatur, Dehradun, Saharanpur||1800 345 1000|
(For domestic dialing within India only)
|Siliguri||1800 345 5000|
(For domestic dialing within India only)
Eligibility for SC Manhattan Credit Card
Only salaried people should apply or someone who already owns a premium credit card in India.
You must have an excellent credit history.
Your income should be more than 50,000 per month and you can easily get this card approved.
In some special cases, you will get the card, even if you are not eligible
- Apply card based on your other bank credit card. If you do not own any credit card then apply for ICICI credit card or HDFC credit card with the help of Fixed Deposit.
- Apply card based on your life insurance.
- If you are frequent traveler through Emirates Airlines
- If you are holding any loan from Standard Chartered Bank
Now you have come to know all the benefits of SC Manhattan Credit Card. I got Manhattan Lifetime free by calling to their customer care and paying a one time fee of Rs. 1500. You can also try to get this card for Life Time Free. Even paying a one-time fee is not bad because you will get more benefits than what you will be paying.