Last updated – January 10, 2021
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is also referred as “Indian’s Own Warren Buffet”, is one of the top stock investors in India. He is the 48th richest person in India according to Forbes Rich List
Rakesh is a chartered accountant but decided to take stock investment as a full-time work. In 1985, Jhunjhunwala invested Rs 5,000 as initial capital. In 2020, his capital had risen to Rs 16,000 crore. Currently, Rakesh has 37 stocks with a net worth of around Rs. 16,000 Crores as per data filed till December 31, 2020.
In January 2020, SEBI has summoned Rakesh Jhunjhunwala for alleged insider trading in the shares of Aptech. Aptech is owned jointly by Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, his wife, and his brother.
Jhunjhunwala runs a stock trading firm called RARE Enterprises. His wife Rekha Jhunjhunwala is his partner in the company. The company name RARE derives from the first two alphabets (Ra + Re) of both partner’s names.
He has invested in Titan, CRISIL, NCC, Aptech Limited, Ion Exchange, MCX, Fortis Healthcare, Lupin, VIP Industries, Geojit Financial Services, Rallis India, Jubilant Life Sciences (now Jubilant Pharmov), and some other stocks consisting of 37 stocks portfolio.
I am going to share more details about his investments in the next section.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s Net Worth 2021
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s net worth of $2 billion makes him India’s 48 richest people. Let’s have a look at RJ’s last 5 years net worth history.
Image Source: TrendLyne.com
Other important facts
RJ being a philanthrophist donates million dollars for various sectors such as health, poor child education, higher education and many more.
He is a part of various organizations like St Jude, a shelter for cancer-affected children, the Agastya International Foundation (he donates $1 million every year), and Arpan.
RJ pledged to donate 25% of this wealth in charity in 2020 when he turned 60, but pandemic delayed his planning. He has aimed to donate $750 million throughout his lifetime.
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Portfolio Latest Holdings 2021
|The Mandhana |
|Rallis India||274.05||Pesticides & Chemical||9.93||529.1|
|Karur Vysya Bank||43.95||NBFC||4.50 (in Sep 2020)||NA|
|Indianbulls Real Estate||81.85||Real Estate||1.10||40.9|
|TV18 Broadcast||28.90||Media & Entertainment||2.51||124.4|
|First Source Solution||93.30||Computer||1.29||84.0|
|Man Infra Construction||36.65||Construction||1.21||11.0|
|Edelweiss Financial Services||70.55||Finance||1.19||78.5|
|Anant Raj Global Ltd.||21.25||Consturction||3.39||21.3|
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Stock Investment Tips
- Emotional investment is a sure way to make losses in the stock market.
- The market always offers you an opportunity to buy before rising. It is like the weather, you may not like it, but you have to bear it
- Give your investments time to grow
- Never put your money in the stocks without proper research
- Invest in a business, not a company.
- Prepare for losses. Losses are part and parcel of stock market investor life
- Always go against the tide. Buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying.
- If you see an opportunity, grab it today
- I have learned two things about the media and wives. When they say something – don’t react.
- Growth comes out of chaos.
Check out – Gold Investment in India
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala News & Updates
- RJ’s IT stock Firstsource Solutions gave 5x returns in 9 months as the stock rallied to a high of Rs 115.45 on December 29, 2020. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala booked profit in his holdings Firstsource Solutions by selling 1.11% out of 2.78%.
- Throughout 2020, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala decreased his holdings in Federal Bank from 3.08% stake in 2019 to 2.40% till January 2021.
- Ace investor increased his stake in Jubilant Life Sciences to 5.82% in the January 2021. Jhunjhunwala now holds 92.70 lakh shares as against 70.25 lakh shares in March 2020.
- In November 2020, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala purchased 50 Lakh shares of Indiabulls Real Estate with an average price of Rs. 57.73.The total value of this bulk deal was 28.86 crore. Stock rallied near 15% after Indian Warren Buffet’s investment in the real estate company.
- Jhunjhunwala’s favorite stock Titan has sunk nearly 40% the march month. The stock hit a 52-week low of Rs 720 on March 24 but show a come back in April crossing Rs. 900.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and his wife Rekha further reduced the stake in Titan from 5.53% to 5.32%.
- In January 2020, SEBI has summoned Rakesh Jhunjhunwala in a case of alleged insider trading in the shares of Aptech.
- Jhunjhunwala family’s total investments in listed stocks are at Rs 8,020 crore, reduced by 36% till March 2020 from the Rs 12,450 crore in December 2019.
Disclaimer – The information is collected from various sources that may vary from the original with time. The purpose of this article is not to give any investment advice. Please do your own research before making any investment decision.
Also read – How to Invest in ELSS in India
Rakesh Jhunjhunwala finds a high-quality stock when its not popular and stay invested for a long time without worrying about regular market fluctuations.
In the 2008 market crash, his 30% investments were eroded which he was able to recover by 2012. His success lies in his strong research and his ability to make stay calm in the wrong times.
If you want to be successful in stock market, learn the way he invests in stocks, not in which stocks he invests.