Updated: Jan 10, 2021
EPFO provides various services through a centralized mobile application of the government called UMANG. You can use this app to know the details about your EPF account that will include EPF balance, EPF contribution, passbook download and other services offered by the government.
Benefits of UMANG app
– Unified Platform: You get all government departments and their services in this app. All information in a few taps.
– Integration with Digital India Services: Not only EPF, you get seamless integration with other Digital India Services like Aadhaar, DigiLocker, and PayGov. Any new such service is automatically integrated with the app.
– Uniform Experience: You can discover, download, access, and use all government services easily with its intuitive design.
– Secure: UMANG supports Aadhaar-based and other authentication mechanisms for service access. Since data is saved in an encrypted format, it is secure to use and access confidential information like EPF account details and balance.
You can also read my detailed article on how to check EPF balance online.
How to know your PF balance using UMANG
You have to download UMANG App from Google play store or iPhone Appstore.
The steps are illustrated below.
Step 1 Download and install the application UMANG from Google Play Store or the App Store.
Google Play Store
- Open Google Playstore.
- Search Umang in the search bar and you will see the app as below.
- Select the app and install it on your android phone.
- Register your mobile using Aadhar number.
For iPhone users
Use similar steps as shown above to install the app on your iPhone from App Store.
Step 2 Open the UMANG app on your mobile and select EPFO.
Step 3 Click on the “Employee Centric Services”
Step 4 Click on the option View Passbook to check your EPF balance.
Step 5 Enter your UAN and then click Send OTP to send an OTP to your mobile number.
Enter the OTP you receive and click Login.
Step 6 Select the Member ID for which you want to check the balance.
Step 7 You passbook will be displayed on the screen along with your EPF balance
Now no need to visit the EPFO office again and again and wasting time in a queue for updating the EPFO passbook.
You can know your EPF balance, from the comfort of your home.
Your UAN should be activated to access any Employees’ Provident Fund services like checking EPF balance or downloading your passbook via this mobile app.
You can check the status of your UAN activation by following the steps given below.
How to know your UAN Status?
Step 1: Start with clicking on the link
Step 2: In the right corner you will get the link – ‘Know your UAN Status’
Step 3: Fill out the required details in the form and click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- You will receive an Authorization PIN on your registered mobile number. A new page open containing a box to fill that PIN.
- Type the authorization PIN in the box & click on “SUBMIT”.
- You will get a message that your verification process has been successful along with the member’s credentials.
After a successful verification, you will receive your UAN on your registered mobile phone. Now, you can set up the security password to login to your UAN Member Portal.
How to activate your UAN – Edit & Upload KYC Details?
Once you have got your UAN, the next step is to activate it. You have to upload your documents like Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license, Passport. So keep the scanned images available before starting the UAN Activation process.
- Login into EPF UAN login.
- After login, you will find the option of “Edit your KYC”.
- Fill the details and upload the required documents.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Other options are-
Check PF Balance using SMS service
This facility is useful for those who do not use smartphones. In order to check PF balance through SMS, you have to SMS your 12 digit UAN number to 7738299899 in the following format
EPFOHO UAN LAN
Where UAN would be your 12 digit number and change LAN is the language in which you want to receive the details. You can change LAN with your desired language of information whose codes are- English: ENG, Hindi: HIN, Telugu: TEL, Punjabi: PUN, Gujrathi: GUJ, Marathi: MAR, Kannada: KAN, Malayalam: MAL, Tamil: TAM, Bengali: BEN.
Check PF Balance using Missed Call Service
The last sort of getting PF related information is to give a miss call on 01122901406. You would get a message containing your PF balance and other account details.
These are the possible ways to check EPF balance using the APP or mobile phone. You can use any of the options as per your convenience.
How did you like the article to tell me in the comments?