Last Updated: 14th March, 2018
I have reviewed credit cards from all banks and prepared a list of 13 best credit cards in India.
If you are fan of HDFC bank only then you can pick one of the best credit cards from HDFC.
- HDFC Money Back Credit Card
- HDFC Solitaire Credit Card
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature
- HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- HDFC Diner Black Club
In the above list, HDFC Diner Black Club credit card is my favorite. Diners Club Premium credit card is a premium card offered by HDFC bank at a very nominal annual fee. Even this nominal fee can also waive off.
What a person can need more than having a premium credit card which cost zero annual fees.
Want to know more about this? Here are the details
Jump to Section
- #1. HDFC Money Back Credit Card Review
- #2. HDFC Solitaire credit card review
- #3. JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Credit Card Review
- #4. HDFC Regalia Credit Card Review
- #5. HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Review
#1. HDFC Money Back Credit Card Review
Money back is basic featured credit card offered by HDFC bank. You can earn 2 reward points per Rs 150 spent. On online spends, you will get 4 reward points per Rs 150.
Bank offered the money back credit card to its new account holders as the first credit card. If your first timer applier, then you should apply for money back credit card. You would get easy approval from the bank.
Fee & Charges
Annual fee – Rs 500 ( Spend Rs 50,000 in a year to get next year annual fee waiver)
Reward Points & Other Benefits with MoneyBack Credit Card
- 4 Reward points per Rs 150 online spend.
- 2 Reward Points for every Rs 150 other spend.
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off on fuel transactions on minimum transaction of Rs 400.
The redemption value of 100 reward points is Rs 20. You need at least 2500 reward points to redeem.
Change after HDFC credit card devaluation
- e-wallet and EasyEMI loading transactions will not fetch you reward points.
- If any retail transaction is converted into SmartEMI, accrued reward points will be reversed.
- Cap of 2000 on reward points for every insurance transaction.
If you are already a credit card holder and looking for a premium credit card, here are the premium HDFC credit cards.
#2. HDFC Solitaire credit card review
Solitaire credit card is exclusively designed for women customers. HDFC Solitaire card focus on the shopping benefits.
My wife applied for the solitaire card and got approved easily with a credit limit of 2,50,000. Later she got the card upgraded to Regalia but we loved the solitaire too. (HDFC does not allow more than one credit card per customer).
She bought her MacBook using the credit card and spent more than 1,00,000 rupees within a few months. HDFC bank sent shopping vouchers of Rs. 1000 after 6 months. We loved the bonus vouchers along with regular reward points.
HDFC solitaire card comes with with a zero liability on loss, that means you are safeguarded against misuse of the credit card in case of loss. Make sure you inform the bank within 24 hours of the fraudulent transaction.
Reward points and Benefits
- Get 3 reward points per Rs. 150 you spend through your solitaire credit card.
- Get 4.5 reward points per Rs. 150 by spending on dining and grocery.
- Shoppers stop gift voucher worth Rs. 1,000 on spending Rs.75,000 every 6 months. It means you can get maximum of 2 vouchers every year.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
The redemption value of reward points 100 reward points = Rs 20. You can redeem against outstanding amount on your credit card.
Fee and charges
Annual Fee – Rs 500
Spend Rs.10,000 within the 90 days of the card setup date and get the first-year annual fee waived off.
By Spending Rs. 50,000 in a year, the annual fee of next year will be waived off.
#3. JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Credit Card Review
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank signature credit card is a co-sponsored credit card with jet airways. Being co-sponsored card, the bank gives more privilege to the jet airways travelers.
The cardholder gets a welcome gift of 7500 JPMiles and one-way base fare waived on Jet Airways ticket. Even on every renewal bank gives a welcome gift of 3,000 JP Miles along with one-way base fare waived on Jet Airways ticket.
On the payment of first year and renewal fee, you will be entitled to receive a discount voucher worth Rs 750 on return ticker.
Note – The welcome gift of 7500, first, you will get 3750 JPmiles upon first swipe of your card and another 3750 JPMiles on spending Rs. 75,000 within first 90 days.
Fee & Charges
Annual Fee – Rs 2500 ( you can get next year annual fee waiver on spending Rs 3,00,000 in a year)
Reward points & Other Benefits
- JPMiles on every Rs 150 spent on every flight ticket booked on jetairways.com.
- Earn 6 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on all other retail expenses.
- 5% discount on all domestic air ticket bookings on jetaieways.com
- 5 Complimentary free visits to the international lounges every year.
- 4 complimentary visits per quarter at domestic lounges.
#4. HDFC Regalia Credit Card Review
HDFC Regalia credit card is a premium card issued by the HDFC bank. One interesting about this card is, the regalia cardholder has a prestigious status because Bank usually issues regalia card to high net-worth individuals who have higher ITR or a better relationship value with the bank.
HDFC launched Regalia as personal and business credit card. There is No difference in the benefits but different documents are required for each one’s application.
Fee & Charges
- First Year – INR 2500
- Renewal Fee – INR 2500
- Foreign Currency Markup – 2%
Least foreign currency markup as compared to other credit cards except Yes Bank preferred credit card
Annual Fee waiver
- Spend INR 40,000 in first 90 days of the card set up and get your first-year annual fee waiver.
- Spend a total of 3 lakhs in a year and get next year’s annual fee waived off.
In simple words, spend every year 3 lakh with your HDFC Regalia Credit card & get benefits free of cost.
Reward Points & Other Offer
- Earn 4 reward points on every spent of Rs 150.
- Earn 8 points per Rs 150 spent on www.hdfcregalia.com and booking on airvistara.com
- Get 15% or more discount on dining at the premium restaurant across India.
- 1 crore air accident insurance in case of death due to flight accident.
- INR 15 lakhs on medical emergencies while traveling overseas.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
Complimentary Club Vistara Membership
Regalia cardholders enjoy complimentary Club Vistara Silver Membership which offers unmatched benefits on Vistara.Earn 9 Club Vistara(CV) points for every INR 100 spent on All Vistara Flights along with additional 5 kg baggage allowance.
Club Vistara membership is allowed to the primary cardholder and has a validity of 1 year.
Complimentary Lounge access With Your HDFC Regalia Credit Card
You will get 6 complimentary lounge access across the during one year. Add on cardholder can also enjoy the complimentary lounge access. The Primary Cardholder and the add-on can jointly have 6 free access to the Priority Pass lounges every year.
But in the case of domestic lounge access, you have to pay a visit charge of $27.
Redeem HDFC Regalia Reward Points
You first need to convert them into Regalia vouchers and then you can use these in their dedicated Regalia website. Regalia reward points come with limitations. You can redeem the reward points only on hdfcregalia.com.
But good thing is, the hdfcregalia.com has lots of things which will help you in your day to day needs like Mobile/DTH recharges, Hotel/Flight/movie Bookings.
Should You Go For HDFC Regalia Credit Card?
The HDFC Regalia card comes with an annual fee which can be waived, only if you spend 3 lakh in a year ( Avg 25000 per month). Make a quick calculation of your credit card expenditures.
If your total annual spend is less than 3 lakh, then your real saving will be up to 0.80% (very less). You should go for another card & vice versa.
#5. HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Review
Fee & Charges
- First Year Fee – Rs 2500 + taxes
- Renewal Fee – Rs 2500+ taxes
- Foreign Currency Markup – 2%
Foreign currency markup is lowest as compared to other credit cards which charge 3.5%.
Make HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card Free of Cost
Spend 40K within 3 months of the card set up and your first-year annual fee will be waived off.
Spend 3 lakh every year and get next year renewal fee waiver & make your premium card having no annual fee.
The welcome gift is one common thing in all the travel credit cards. Most of the cards offer huge welcome in the first year but either no or reduced welcome gift from the second year.
But HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card gives every year a welcome gift of 2500 reward points.
HDFC Bank Reward Points Redemption
- Earn 8 reward points for every Rs 150 retail spend on www.hdfcbankdinersclub.com.
- Earn 4 reward points for every Rs 150 retail spend (except fuel).
HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card provides flexible redemption options. You can redeem reward points for booking air ticket & hotels at hdfcdinersclub.com or redeem for air miles across Jet Airways, Air India, and Singapore Airline.
The redemption value of reward points is 1 RP = Rs 0.70 at hdfcdinersclub.com and in case for air miles , 1RP = 0.70 miles.
Let’s Do Some calculations
Wow around 4.5% saving, but benefits are not stopped here. There are much more
Lesser Known Benefits of HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card
- Provide air accident cover of INR 1 crore.
- Emergency medical expense covers up to INR 25 lakhs.
- Credit Liability covers up to INR 9 lakhs.
- Travel insurance covers up to INR 50,000 on baggage delay or loss.
- Get an access to complimentary golf lesson at selected golf courses in India.
- Enjoy 5 Complimentary lounge access to worldwide and unlimited lounge access to domestic airports.
Should You Apply For HDFC Diners Premium Credit Card?
This credit card is meant for the people having annual spend between 3 lakh to 5 lakh.
If you also belong to this category, then I suggest you, either apply for HDFC Diners Premium credit card or Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card. Both cards will prove beneficial for you.
One side HDFC Diners Premium credit card offers annual fee waiver and on the other side Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card offers additional gift vouchers.