SBI bank offers two forex cards for traveling abroad. SBI forex card is accepted all over the world except in India, Nepal, and Bhutan as per FEMA rules.
- State Bank Foreign Travel Card
- Multi-Currency State Bank Foreign Travel Card
Both, existing as well as new customers of SBI can avail these cards.
SBI Forex Card Rates
#1. State Bank Foreign Travel Card
State Bank Foreign Travel Card is a single currency card issued on the VISA International platform. You can use this card traveling abroad for different purposes including medical, tourism, business trip, and pilgrimage.
This chip-based card is available in eight foreign currencies including US Dollars (USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Japanese Yen (YEN), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Saudi Riyal (SAR) and Singapore Dollar (SGD).
Charges of SBI Foreign travel card
1. Add-on cards fee – not more than 2
2. Inactivity fee – No
3. Minimum Amount of Issue/Load –
4. Maximum Amount of Load – As prescribed by the RBI/FEMA from time to time for the purpose of the visit abroad. Currently, it is equivalent to USD2,50,000 in a financial year for the purpose of overseas visits.
5. Maximum daily transactions Limit –
|ATM||US$ 3000 or equivalent|
|POS||US$ 5000 or equivalent|
|ECOM||US$ 5000 or equivalent|
6. ATM Balance Enquiry – Free at SBI’s ATM in India but chargeable in VISA ATMs abroad. You can also view or download statements for the SBI Foreign travel card free of charge at their onlineSBI portal.
7. Annual expiry fee –
|USD, GBP, Euro, AUD, CAD||5|
8. Validity of SBI foreign travel card – 5 years
Check out – Best forex cards for students in India
#2. State Bank Multi-Currency Foreign Travel Card
SBI Multi Currency forex travel card is accepted in the MasterCard platform. You can load this card in seven foreign currencies – US Dollars(USD), Pound Sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), Canadian Dollar (CAD), Australian Dollar (AUD), Singapore Dollar (SGD) and UAE Dirham (AED).
You can add one card in case of loss/defacement of SBI multi-currency forex card. Also, you get a free online balance enquiry and transactions facility at SBItravelcard.com.
Charges of SBI Multi-Currency Foreign Travel Card
|Types of Charges||Rates|
|Initial purchase and load fee||Rs. 100|
|Reload fee||Rs. 50|
|Additional Card linked to the same funds||Rs. 100|
|Cash out / Refund fee per transaction||Rs. 100|
|Annual expiry fee||No|
|USD / GBP / EUR / SGD / AUD / CAD / AED|
|ATM fee per withdrawal||US$1.75 / £1.25 / €1.50 / SG$2.00 / AU$2.50 / CA$2.50 / AED6.50|
|ATM Balance enquiry fee||Free|
|Purchase from merchants (e.g. shops and restaurants)||Free|
|Monthly inactivity fee (Debited from your Card if it has not been used for 12 months)||USD 1.50|
|Shortfall fee||USD 15.00|
|Cash over the counter fee||US$7.50 / £4.00 / €6.00 / SG$10 / AU$9.74 / CA$10.00 / AED30.00|
|Card Replacement fee||Free|
|Cross Currency fee||3% If transaction currency is different than the currency available on forex card|
Limits available on the SBI Multi-currency forex card
|Total Limits of Multi-currency SBI Forex Card||USD (for Currency equivalent)|
|Minimum amount you can load on your Card||US$200|
|Maximum load/reload and maximum balance allowed on your card at any one time||As prescribed by the RBI/FEMA guidelines from time to time, for the purpose of the visit abroad.|
|Maximum load over 12 month period||As prescribed by the RBI/FEMA guidelines from time to time, for the purpose of the visit abroad.|
|Maximum ATM Cash Withdrawal in any 24 hours||US$10,000|
|Maximum spend at merchants in any 24 hours||US$10,000|
|Maximum withdraw as cash over the counter at banks in 24 hours||US$500|
|Maximum number of Additional Cards linked to the same funds||1|
|Maximum number of active accounts that can be held at any one time||1|
|Maximum PIN tries||3 per 24 hours|
Also read – HDFC forex card rates in 2022
Documents Required For SBI Foreign Travel Cards
- Signed application-cum-agreement form, a declaration of transaction under the provisions of FEMA guidelines i.e. USD $250000 per financial transaction.
- Self-attested copies of Passport and PAN card
- Self-attested copy of Visa or ticket
- Form A-2 (Required amount exceeding USD 25,000 – exceeds LRS)
- Address proof (If residential address is different from that appearing on the passport).
Also read about SBI card customer care in detail.
In case you have any queries relating to the SBI forex card, please mention the same in the comment section below and share your experience.
You would also like to know about ICICI forex card rates in 2022.