Standard Chartered Ultimate is a premium credit card that offers a 3.3% base reward rate. This travel category card offers you lounge access, dreamfolks memberships, and golf benefits.
You can earn reward points on rent payments but you need to pay a 1% processing fee. This card also offers rewards on utility bill payments, fuel purchases and duty free spends.
Key Highlights of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- Joining fees: Rs. 5,000
- Annual Fees: Rs. 5,000
- Welcome Benefit: 6000 Reward points
- Renewal Benefit: 5,000 rewards every year on the renewal of card membership.
- 5% cashback on duty-free purchases at airports
- Complimentary Dreamfolks membership
- 5 RPs every time you spend Rs. 150 using the card.
- 2% foreign currency markup.
- Golf benefits through Golflan Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Fees & Charges of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card comes with a joining fee of Rs. 5,000. The annual fee is also Rs. 5,000. However, you can enjoy a waiver of the annual fee by earning 5,000 rewards every year on the renewal of card membership.
- You get 6,000 reward points as a welcome benefit.
- These welcome rewards redeemable for shopping vouchers or charity spends under the Standard Chartered 360° rewards program.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Rewards
- The card offers 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent which is 3.3% reward rate. (1RP = Rs.1)
- No reward points on EMI transactions.
- There is no capping on reward points.
- 1% processing fee is charged on rent payment.
|Spend Category||Rewards||Reward Return Rate|
|Base Rewards (retail spends)||5 RP per Rs 150||3%|
|Utilities & Bill Payments||3 RP per Rs 150||2%|
|Rent Payment & Property Management||3 RP per Rs 150||2%|
|Supermarkets, Schools and Government Payments||3 RP per Rs 150||2%|
|Duty Free Spends||5% Cashback (max cashback cap is Rs. 1,000 every month)|
Reward Redemption Value
- You can redeem the earned reward points against shopping vouchers (from popular brands like Nykaa, Croma, Shoppers Stop.) and charity spends on the Standard Chartered online portal under the 360° rewards program.
- The value of 1 RP for this card is Rs. 1.
- The validity period of reward points is 3 years from the date of accumulation.
Features & Benefits of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- You get 1 complimentary golf game per month at selected domestic golf courses.
- Enjoy 1 free golf coaching session every month at selected domestic golf courses.
Airport Lounge Access
- The card offers 1 complimentary lounge visit per month with the Dreamfolks membership.
- You can also enjoy 16 domestic lounge access per year (4 every quarter) with the Dreamfolks membership.
- Get a complimentary Dreamfolks membership.
Reduced Forex Markup
The SC credit card offers lower forex mark-up fee than other cards.
However, you need to pay a mark-up of 3.5% at the time of the transaction (just like other cards), but you get 1.5% cashback within 60 days of the transaction. So the effective foreign currency mark-up is 2%.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
1% fuel surcharge is applicable (not waived off) at all petrol pumps across India.
However, unlike other credit cards for fuel, you can earn 5 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent even for fuel purchases.
24×7 Concierge Service
The Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card provides a round-the-clock concierge service that caters to various needs. This service includes travel assistance, which entails providing information about visas, hotels booking, and other related services.
Additionally, the concierge can assist with referrals and reservations for golf courses, make dining arrangements, book art and cultural events, and offer some business-related services such as conference information and messenger and courier services.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 1 crore|
|Emergency medical insurance||USD 25,000|
|Flight hijacking||USD 100|
|Delayed baggage||USD 100|
|Lost baggage/documents||USD 750|
|Flight delay||USD 200|
#1. What is the customer care number for SC Ultimate credit card?
The toll-free helpline number is 18003451000 or e-mail at [email protected] for any query.
#2. What is the eligibility for SC Ultimate credit card?
To be eligible for this card, you would need to have a gross salary of at least 2 lakhs per month or an ITR of 24 lakhs or more.
Alternatively, if you currently hold a SC credit card with a limit of 4 lakhs or more, or any other credit card with a limit of 5 lakhs or more, you would also qualify for this card.
You must be between 21 and 65 years of age with a decent credit score.
#3. Can earned reward points be redeemed against the card bill statement?
No. Reward points can be redeemed only for shopping vouchers or charity spends under the Standard Chartered 360° rewards program.
Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card is a great option for frequent travelers as the card offers you 16 domestic lounge access, complimentary Dreamfolks membership, 5% cashback on duty-free shopping at airports, concierge service, golf games, and coaching sessions.
However, if you are looking for a credit card with better rewards on travel-related expenses, the American Express Platinum Travel credit card is a better option. You get 7.5% reward redemption return on annual spend of 4 lakh.