HDFC Bank offers two super-premium credit cards-
- HDFC Infinia credit card Metal Edition
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card
Both of which cater to individuals with high net worth. These credit cards provide a range of exclusive benefits, including 24×7 concierge services, unlimited access to airport lounges, and complimentary rounds of golf at some of the world’s best golf courses.
If you’re looking for a premium credit card, either of these two options would be a great choice.
However, if you frequently use apps/websites like Zomato, Ola, Amazon Prime, BookMyShow, then HDFC Diners Club Black credit card would be the perfect fit for you.
Fees of HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
- Joining fees: Rs. 10,000
- Annual Fees: Rs. 10,000
- Annual fees waiver: Annual fees waived off on spending Rs. 5,00,000 in the previous year.
You may like to check the HDFC Millennia credit card review which is a beginner-level credit card that provides 5% cashback on online spends.
Benefits & Privileges of HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card
- Get complimentary memberships for a year to MMT Double Black, Forbes, Zomato Gold, Club Marriott, Times Prime, Amazon Prime, and Swiggy One (3 Months).
- You get this annual membership on spending Rs. 1,50,000 or more in the first 90 days of card issuance.
- This credit card offers renewal of the subscriptions under the welcome benefits (Amazon Prime, Zomato Gold, Times Prime. etc.) on the annual expenditure of Rs. 8,00,000.
- Additionally, you can avail any 2 of the following monthly vouchers- Ola Select, a cure.fit Live, BookMyShow, and TATA CLiQ (worth Rs. 500 each) on monthly spends of Rs. 80,000.
- The card offers 2X Reward Points on weekend dining.
- The maximum cap of 1000 RP per day.
- You get complimentary annual membership of Club Marriott, Zomato Gold, and Swiggy One (3 months), which is renewed if the cardholders spends an amount increasing Rs. 8 Lakhs in an anniversary year.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions of at least Rs. 400 at all fuel stations in India.
- The waiver amount is capped at a maximum of Rs. 1,000 per statement cycle.
The card offers 6 complimentary golf games per quarter at some of the most premium golf destinations around the world.
Unlimited Airport Lounge Access
- You get unlimited complimentary access to the international lounges.
- You can also enjoy the unlimited access to domestic lounges. You may want to review a list of the top debit cards in India that offer complimentary airport lounge access.
Forex Markup Fees
Foreign currency transactions will have a lower markup of 1.99%.
|Accidental air death||Rs. 2 crores|
|Medical emergency cover||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs|
|Delayed Baggage||Rs. 55,000|
|Credit liability||Rs. 9 lakhs|
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card Rewards
- The HDFC credit card offers 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 150 spent which is 3.3% reward rate. (1RP = Rs.1)
- The validity period of HDFC reward points is 3 years from the date of accumulation.
|Base Rewards (retail transactions)||5 RP per Rs 150|
|Weekend Dining||2X Rewards – Maximum 1000 RP per day|
|Insurance Transactions||Maximum 5000 RP per day|
|Grocery Transactions||Maximum 2000 RP per calendar month|
|Wallet Loads, Fuel, Rent and Government Services||No Rewards|
Reward Redemption Value
HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Reward Points are redeemable for flight/hotel bookings on SmartBuy, AirMiles, Diners Club exclusive rewards redemption catalouge, and cashback.
- You can adjust the earned cash back against the card’s statement balance. (1RP = Rs. 0.30)
- For flight and hotel bookings, only 70% of the total payment can be made through the Reward Points.
- You can redeem up to 7500 RP per calendar month towards flights and hotels booking on smartbuy portal.
- Insurance transaction cap: Rewards Points accrued for Insurance transactions will have a maximum cap of 5,000 per day.
|Redemption Category||Value of 1 RP|
|Flights/Hotels on SmartBuy||Rs. 1|
|Product Catalouge (vouchers/products)||Up to Rs. 0.50|
|Air Canada Aeroplan, British Airways, Etihad Airways, United Mileage Plus||0.5 mile/loyalty points|
|AirAsia Rewards, Accor Live Limitless, Avianca LifeMiles, Finnair Plus, Flying Blue, Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club, IHG One Reward, Vietnam AIlines Lotusmiles, Turkish Airlines, Wyndham Rewards||1 corresponding mile/loyalty point|
10X Smartbuy Rewards
One of the major attractions of the Diners Club Black credit card is the 10X Smartbuy Rewards program offered by HDFC Bank. Through the Smartbuy platform, you can earn up to 10X rewards for shopping.
However, it’s important to note that there is a cap of 7,500 bonus reward points per calendar month and 2,500 RP per day.
|Shopping Category||Rewards Points||Value at 1RP = Rs 1|
|Flights (Cleartrip and Yatra)||5X||16.5%|
Eligibility And Documents Required
To be eligible for the HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Salaried applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 60, with a minimum monthly income of Rs.1.75 lakhs.
- Self-employed applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 65, with a minimum annual income of Rs.21 lakhs.
To complete the application process, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Voter’s ID Card, Passport, Driving Licence, or any other government-approved photo ID.
- Address Proof: Aadhaar Card, Passport, Utility bills (not more than 3 months old), or any other government-approved address proof.
- Income Proof: Bank statement for the last 3 months, Salary slips for the last 3 months, Audited financials for the last two years (for self-employed), Form 16.
Overall, the HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card is an excellent choice for those who travel frequently and dine out often. The card offers a host of benefits, including lounge access, great reward return, and a fuel surcharge waiver. Additionally, the golf benefit is an added perk for those who enjoy playing the sport.
However, if you are looking for a card with a higher cap on reward points, you can also consider the HDFC Infinia credit card, which offers a maximum cap of 15,000 points per calendar month while the Diner Black card 7500 pm.
#1. What is the customer care number of HDFC Diners club black credit card?
You can contact HDFC customer care by calling on 1800 118 887 for any queries or complaints related to HDFC Diners club black credit card.
#2. What is the validity of earned rewards points?
The earned reward points are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of accrual, and expire thereafter.
#3. How many reward points can I earn with an HDFC Bank Diners Club Black credit card?
You can earn 5 reward points for every Rs.150 spent on retail purchases, and 10X reward points for purchases made on HDFC Bank Smartbuy. The maximum cap on smartbuy reward points is 7500 every calendar month and 2500 per day.