CitiBank has launched the IndianOil Citi credit card, which is a co-branded fuel card that provides exceptional benefits, including a competitive reward rate, in collaboration with IndianOil. The Indian Oil HDFC Bank credit card offered by HDFC Bank is a similar credit card that provides high competition to the CitiBank card.
The IndianOil Citi credit card is a great option for those who are looking to save money on fuel transactions.
Based on my personal experience, I do not recommend fuel credit cards to anyone. Instead, I use the Amex Membership Rewards credit card to make fuel transactions as they are counted towards my monthly milestone benefits, providing great value for me.
Here’s a breakdown of the key features of IndianOil Citi credit card.
Charges of IndianOil Citi Credit Card: Fuel Credit Card
- The joining fee for the card is Rs. 1,000
- The annual fee for the card is Rs. 1,000
Joining & Renewal Fees Waiver
- The annual fee can be waived off if you spend Rs. 30,000 or more in the last year.
Forex Markup Fees
- The forex markup fees for the card is 3.5%.
Bonus & Privileges of IndianOil Citi Credit Card
- Within 30 days of card activation, you will receive 250 Turbo Points.
- You can get up to a 20% discount on dining across several participating restaurants.
- Enjoy a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all IndianOil outlets.
- Minimum fuel transactions above Rs. 10.
- Get up to 15% discount on Vista Rooms.
- Get up to 15% cashback at duty-free stores.
- Saving of up to Rs. 1000 on EaseMyTrip.
- Exclusive saving offers on flights through MakeMyTrip.
IndianOil Citi Credit Card Rewards
Reward Points in terms of Turbo Points
- You will earn 1 Turbo Point for every Rs. 150 spent.
- You will earn 2 Turbo Points for every Rs. 150 spent at supermarkets & groceries.
- If you spend greater than Rs. 5,000, you will get 1 additional Turbo Point on every Rs. 150 you spend with the maximum cap of 34 Turbo Points per transaction.
- You get 4 Turbo Points on every time you spend Rs. 150 on fuel with maximum capped at 267 Turbo Points per transaction.
Best Way to Get Reward Redemption Value
The earned Turbo Points can be redeemed against online shopping, fuel, in-store shopping at partner brands, cashback, and AirMiles/InterMiles, at the rates given below –
- Fuel at Indian Oil outlets, 1 TP = Rs.1. You would need 250 Turbo points for redemption against fuel.
- Online shopping on travel sites 1TP is Rs. 0.25
- For online and in-store shopping at partner brands, 1 TP = Rs. 0.30
- For AirMiles, 1 TP = 0.75 Airmile/Intermile. You need a minimum 100 TPs for redemption against Air Miles/InterMiles.
- For cashback you need 10,000 TPs, 1 TP is Rs. 0.35
- No minimum limit of Turbo Points are required for redemption against gift vouchers.
- IndianOil Citi credit card does not offer domestic and international airport lounge access, Which is one of its drawback.
CitiBank IndianOil Citi credit card is a good option for those who make fuel transactions very frequently with low joining fees. With its rewards benefit, you can earn Turbo Points and redeem them for fuel, air miles or for other categories.
FAQs of IndianOil Citi Credit Card
#1. What is the customer care number of IndianOil Citi credit card?
You can contact the emergency helpline, 1800 267 2425 (toll-free in India) or +91 22 4955 2425 (local dialing).
#2. What is the eligibility criteria for the Citi IndianOil Citi Credit Card?
You need a minimum age of 21 years with a stable income source of Income and decent credit score.
#3. What is the best way to get reward value with this credit card?
The best way to get reward value with this credit card is by redeeming against fuel, as 1 TP = Re.1 for fuel redemption.
#4. How many Turbo points are redeemed against InterMile?
You can redeem your turbo points on Intermiles at a rate of 1TP is 0.75 Airmiles/InterMiles.