I have reviewed 11 best credit cards in India and included 2 credit cards from SBI in the list. I thought of writing a separate post on the best credit cards offered by SBI to help you choose the best SBI card for you.
In my view, SBI Simply Click is best for online shopping and SBI Prime Credit Card is an overall best card for people looking for a premium card. Apart from these, SBI has launched a lot of credit cards for lifestyle, shopping, rewards, travel, and fuel.
I am explaining all the benefits and offers on 10 top SBI credit cards in India.
#1. SBI Simply Click Credit Card Review
SBI SimplyClick Card is meant for online shoppers.
SimplyClick Credit Card is probably the best SBI credit card for salaried employees who love to shop online on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, and other brands.
For a limited time, SBI is giving Rs. 500 Amazon gift voucher on the approval of the card (that will cover the first year annual fees of the card).
If you make most of your purchase, then you can earn 10X reward points on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Foodpanda, Lenskart, UrbanClap, Zoomcar. On all other online spendings, you can earn 5X rewards through SBI Simply Click card.
Fee and Charges
Annual Fee – Rs 499
The annual fee would be reversed in the subsequent year if you spend Rs.1,00,000 in one year after the card approval.
Key Benefits of SBI Simply Click Credit Card
- 10X rewards on online spends – Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / UrbanClap / Lenskart / OLA / Zoomcar
- Earn 5X rewards on other online spending.
- 1 reward point per Rs.100 on all other spends
- Rs 500 gift voucher from Amazon
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs.500 & Rs.3000
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs. 1 Lakh
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs. 2 Lakhs
Special Offers Valid till 31st March 2018
- BookMyShow – Rs.100 instant cashback for first time BookMyShow APP users.
- 40% off on UrbanClap with for first time UrbanClap users.
- Zoomcar – Rs.600 off on booking Self-Drive Zoomcar worth Rs.2,500
My View on SBI Simply Click Credit Card
Simply Click is one of the best online shopping credit cards available in the market with amazing reward points offers on online as well as offline shopping.
You can read the complete SBI SimplyClick Credit Card Review here.
#2. SBI Simply Save Credit card Review
SBI Simply Save credit card let you save your money on Dining, Movies, Departmental Stores and Grocery Spends.
So if you often go for dine out, spend on movies and make shopping on departmental stores, you can earn 10X reward points on your spending with SBI Simply Save credit card.
One thing I liked the most about Simply Save credit card is that you can pay the outstanding balance on your credit card with the earned reward points. You don’t have to redeem your reward points for unwanted gifts.
Key Benefits of Simply Save Credit Card
- Get 10 reward points per Rs 100 spent on dining, movies, departmental stores and grocery spends
- On all your other spending, earn 1 reward point per Rs. 100 spent.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs.500 & Rs.3000.
The redemption value of 100 reward points is Rs 25. That’s straight 2.5% saving on dining, movies, departmental stores and grocery spends.
For the rest of spends the figure is just 0.25% which is not impressive. It makes clear that the card is best to use in specific categories only.
Fee and Charges
Annual Fee – Rs 499
You can get an annual membership fee reversal from the second year of your subscription by spending Rs. 90,000 in the previous year.
#3. SBI IRCTC Credit Card Review
SBI IRCTC credit card is the only card in India for the railway users. This credit card provides benefits like transaction charge waiver, great saving on railway ticket booking along with fuel surcharge waiver and reward points on all other retail spends.
You also get a welcome gift 350 reward points with a redeemable value of Rs 350 on spending Rs 500 or more within 45 days from card issuance.
Reward Points & Cashback
- Earn Rs 100 cashback on the first ATM cash withdrawal transaction within the 30 days of card receiving. But you have to pay a cash advance fee, a minimum of Rs 300. Frankly speaking, this is beyond my understanding, what’s the worth of getting 100 cashback when you are charged Rs 300 as cash advance fee.
- Get 10% of your spending in reward points when you buy ticket through www.irctc.co.in for AC1, AC2 and AC CC.
- Get 1 reward point for every Rs. 125 spent on (non-fuel) retail purchases including railway tickets.
- 1.8% transaction surcharge waiver while online railway booking.
- Enjoy freedom from paying 1% fuel surcharge across all the petrol pumps in India on the transaction of Rs 500- 3000. Fuel surcharge waiver capped at Rs 100 per calendar month.
Fee & Charges
First Year Fee – Rs 500
Renewal Fee – Rs 300
Hidden Condition Behind the 10% on Ticket Booking
SBI IRCTC credit card offers 10% value back in the form of reward points on booking through irctc.co.in.
But there is a hidden condition. In this condition, year days are divided into two groups.
- If you book your travel between the dates of first group, you will get 4 points ( 4% ).
- During second groups schedule, you will get 10 reward points (10%). So keep this in mind while booking a train ticket.
Check out – Slice credit card review
#4. SBI Yatra Credit Card Review
If you often do your travel booking on Yatra, then you can save some thousand rupees every year with SBI Yatra credit card.
You can save money on doing flight and hotel booking from Yatra website with SBI Yatra credit card.
The savings details are-
- Rs. 1,000 off on domestic flight bookings on min. transaction of Rs. 5,000
- Rs. 4,000 off on international flight bookings on min. transaction of Rs. 40,000
- 20% off on domestic hotels on min. transaction of 3,000. Max. discount is up to Rs. 2,000.
You can use promo code Travel at the time of hotel booking. You can use this promo code for a maximum of 6 times in a calendar year.
SBI also offers Yatra discount vouchers as a welcome gift worth Rs 8250 on joining.
Usually, you get such offers with premium credit cards having annual free of Rs. 3,000 – Rs. 5,000.
Fee and Charges
Annual Fee – Rs 499
You can get an annual membership fee reversal from the second year of your subscription by spending Rs. 90,000 in previous year.
Welcome Gift Vouchers Details
The welcome gift includes 7 Yatra discount vouchers having total worth Rs 8250. You can redeem these vouchers only against the mentioned category.
- 2 vouchers worth Rs. 500 each for domestic travel
- 2 vouchers worth Rs. 1,000 each for international travel
- 1 voucher worth Rs. 750 for hotel bookings
- 1 voucher worth Rs. 1,500 for domestic holidays
- 1 voucher worth Rs. 3,000 for international holidays
Reward Points & Other Benefits on SBI Yatra Credit Card
- 6 reward points on every Rs. 100 spend on departmental stores, grocery, dining, movies, entertainment and international spends.
- 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver upto Rs 100 across all petrol pumps.
You can redeem reward points for Yatra discount vouchers @ 100 rewards points = Rs 25.
Complimentary Benefits with SBI Yatra Credit card
2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access per calendar quarter.
- Complimentary air accident cover of Rs. 50 lacs.
#5. SBI Unnati Credit Card Review
SBI Unnati credit card is the best option if you are new to credit cards and have no CIBIL score.
So, the SBI Unnati credit card is a golden way to get your first credit card and build your CIBIL score as well.
You can apply for the SBI Unnati credit card against a minimum fixed deposit of Rs 25,000 with the SBI. You will get 80% credit limit of your FD amount.
SBI Unnati Credit Card Rewards Points & Other Benefits
- 500 cashback on spends of Rs 50,000 in a year.
- Get 1 reward point per Rs 100 spent
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs 500 & Rs 3000 maximum up to Rs 100.
Fee & Charges
The annual fee of the SBI Unnati credit card is not applicable for the first 4 years.
After 4 years the annual fee is Rs 499
So, for the first 4 years, you will not have to pay any charges to the bank. Whatever you will earn as reward points that will be your real saving.
6. SBI Prime Credit Card Review
SBI Prime card is an all-rounder premium credit card which offers exclusive benefits on dining, groceries, departmental stores, movies along with travel benefits.
You get an e-gift voucher worth Rs. 3,000 (equal to annual fee) as a welcome gift from SBI to utilize on brands like Bata/Hush Puppies, Marks, and Spencer, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop and Yatra.com.
To give the cardholder a more personalized experience SBI Prime credit card offers 20 reward points per Rs. 100 spent on your birthday. So, spend on your birthday with an open heart.
Reward Points & Other Benefits
- Get 20 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on utility bills payments. (Note: – From 1 Oct. 2019 onwards, monthly Reward points earning is capped to the max. of Rs. 3,000)
- Get 15 Reward Points per Rs. 100 spent on BigBasket, Reliance Fresh, Reliance Smart, Reliance Footprint, Reliance Trends, and Sahakari Bhandar stores.
- Get 10 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent on dining, groceries, departmental stores and movies
- Earn 2 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on all other retail spends.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transaction amount ranging from Rs.500-Rs.4000. Max Rs. 250 per month.
- 1+1 movie ticket with VISA Signature card up to Rs. 300
- Book movie through Bookmyshow on weekends using Prime card and get Rs. 200 off on snacks.
Fee & Charges
Annual Fee – Rs 2999
You can get an annual fee waiver on spending Rs 3 lakhs per year. In that case, your credit card will cost you nothing but gives you tons of benefits. That’s simply amazing.
Milestone Benefits with SBI Prime Credit Card
On spending Rs. 50,000 in a calendar quarter you will get one Pizza Hut e-voucher worth Rs. 1,000. This lets you enjoy one Pizza Hut treat from the bank every quarter.
It doesn’t stop here. You can also get a gift voucher worth Rs. 7,000 from Yatra.com/Pantaloons on achieving annual spends of Rs. 5 Lakhs.
Complimentary Benefits with SBI Prime Card
The benefits not ended here. SBI Prime card offers a number of complimentary benefits as well. Here are these benefits.
- 4 complimentary visits per year to international priority pass lounges.
- 8 complimentary visits per year to domestic VISA/Mastercard lounges in India.
- Enjoy complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership
- Get 1 complimentary lounge access voucher and 1 upgrade voucher
- Earn 9 Club Vistara Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Vistara flights
- Get a complimentary air accident liability cover of Rs. 50 lakhs
- Get a complimentary credit card fraud liability cover of Rs.1 lakh.
- Enjoy complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership
- Get exclusive 1,000 Welcome Points on registration
- Enjoy 1,500 Bonus Points on your first stay & additional Rs. 1,000 hotel credit on extended night stay.
SBI prime credit card comes with a lot of benefits that can make anyone to its fan. If you are looking for an all-rounder credit card and your annual spend with credit card is more than Rs 3 lakh then this credit card is a must for you.
#7. SBI Air India Signature Credit Card Review
SBI Air India Signature credit card is one of the best SBI travel credit cards. The card offers overwhelming benefits which include, every year welcome gift, bonus reward points on the basis of total spend in a year, along with regular reward points.
This card becomes more special for the frequent flyer with Air India. Here are all the details related to SBI Air India Signature Credit Card.
Fee & Charges
First Year – Rs 4999
Renewal Fee – Rs 4999
Welcome Gift & Bonus Offer
- Get 20,000 reward points as a welcome gift in the first year.
- Get 5,000 reward points on every renewal.
- Spend Rs 5 lacs in a year and get 20,000 reward points.
- Spends Rs 10 lacs in a year and get 30,000 additional reward points.
- Cross the milestone of 20 lacs spend in a year and get 50,000 reward points.
Reward Points & Other Benefits on SBI Air India Credit Card
- Get 30 reward points per Rs 100 spent for tickets booking for self on airindia.com
- Get 10 rewards per Rs 100 spent for tickets booked for others on airindia.com
- Earn 10 reward points for every Rs 100 spent on ticket booking for self or others through Air India booking offices or Air India call center.
- Get 4 reward points for every Rs 100 spent on all other categories.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps in India.
Let’s calculate total reward points on an annual spend of Rs 20 lakh.
I am considering the least reward point (4 points per Rs 100). On spending 20 lakh you will get 80,000 reward points (0.04* 20 L).
Your total collection would be
1,20,000+80,000 = 2,00,000 (10%)
1,05,000+80,000 = 1,85,000 (9.25%)
Wow that’s amazing
Complimentary Benefits of SBI Air India Signature Credit Card
- Enjoy international Airport Luxury Lounge Access to over 600 airport lounges with complimentary Priority pass program.
- Enjoy a complimentary visa lounge access program in India at major domestic airports.
- Enjoy complimentary lost card liability cover of Rs 1 lakh.
Final Review On SBI AIR India Signature Credit Card
No doubt SBI Air India Signature Credit Card is one of the best travel cards by SBI. The cardholder has a chance to earn 2 lakh reward points (even more) in a single year.
There would be very few people in India who spend more than 20 lacs in a year through their single credit card. And, below this limit, the card becomes half effective.
Who should apply?
- If your annual spending on a single card more than 20 lacs, then you must apply for SBI Air India Signature Credit Card.
- A frequent traveler with Air India and have annual spend less than 20 lakh through credit card, even then this card will prove fruitful for you.
If you do not belong to any of these two categories then you should look for another card.
#8. Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card Review
SBI Air India Platinum credit card is a supplementary option for air travelers who wouldn’t want to pay a high annual fee on the SBI Signature card.
Air India SBI Platinum card comes with an annual fee of Rs 1499 (much less as compared to signature card). Besides, the card offers enormous benefits to the cardholder.
The first benefit you will get is a welcome gift every year.
In the first year, you will get a welcome gift of 5000 reward points. And on every renewal, you will get a welcome gift of 2000 reward points.
Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card Reward Points & Other Benefits
- Earn up to 15 reward points for every Rs 100 spent on Air India tickets booked.
- Spend Rs 2 lacs in a year and get 5,000 reward points.
- Spends Rs 3 lacs in a year and get 10,000 additional reward points.
- Get 2 Reward points for every Rs 100 spent.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for each transaction between Rs 500 & Rs 4000 maximum up to Rs 250 per statement.
- Enjoy complimentary lost card liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
Note – The cardholder will earn 15 reward points for every Rs 100 spent if booked air ticket for self. In case of booking for others, the earning will be 5 reward points for every Rs 100.
#9. SBI Elite Credit Card Review
SBI Elite Credit card is a super premium card issued by the State bank India. SBI launched Elite card in place of SBI Signature Credit card (no longer available) by making small changes in the offers.
You will get welcome e-voucher worth INR 5000 from any of the brands (Yatra, Jabong, Marks & Spencer, Westside, Shoppers Stop) within 15 days on annual fee payment.
Bonus Offers on SBI Elite Credit Card
- 10,000 bonus reward points on achieving annual spend of 3 lakh.
- Another 10,000 bonus reward points on annual spending of 4 lakh.
- Add 15,000 more bonus reward points on achieving annual spending of 5 lakh.
- Not ended yet, get another 15,000 reward points on a milestone of 8 lakh annual spend.
In short, You have a chance to get 50,000 reward points on annual spending of 8 lakh which are equivalent to 12,500 Indian Rupees.
1 Reward Point = INR 0.25
Reward & Benefits on SBI Elite Credit Card
- Get 10 reward points for every INR 100 spent on Dining, Departmental Stores, and Grocery.
- Earn 2 reward points for every INR 100 all other spendings.
- Get Rs 500 off on BookMyShow once every month.
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all the fuel stations across India on a transaction between INR 500 and INR 4000
Fee & Charges
- First Year Annual Fee – INR 4999
- Renewal Fee – INR 4999
- Foreign Currency Markup – 1.99% lowest (except yes bank preferred card)
Spend 10 lakh & get a reversal of annual fee. No, doubt the spending limit is high but this adds INR 4999 into your pocket.
Complimentary Lounge Access
- Enjoy complimentary domestic lounge access twice every quarter at airport lounges in India.
- 6 complementary International Lounge access over 850 airport lounges worldwide.
- Enjoy complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership. Also, get 1 complimentary Lounge Access Voucher and 1 Upgrade Voucher
Note: This premium credit card is for people who have monthly expenses of 100,000 on average.
#10. Fbb SBI StyleUp Credit Card Review
SBI StyleUp Credit Card is a card that meets your daily shopping needs. The card lets you earn up to 10 reward points on Big Bazaar, Standalone Fbb and Food Bazaar outlets, and on all your Dining expenditures.
In addition, you also get a discount of 10% on fashion apparel, accessories, backpacks, footwear & school bags at Fbb and Big Bazaar Stores.
Along with this, you will also get a welcome Fbb gift voucher worth Rs. 500 and 2000 bonus reward points every year as an anniversary gift.
Fee & Charges
Annual Fee – 499
No condition available to get an annual fee waiver. Instead of that, the bank provides a welcome gift every year.
Reward Points & Other Benefits
- 10% upfront discount whenever you shop for Fashion Apparel, Accessories, Backpacks, Footwear & School Bags at Fbb and Big Bazaar Stores.
- 10 reward points on your spending at Big Bazaar, Standalone Fbb, and Food Bazaar outlets, and dining expenditures.
- 1% fuel surcharge on every transaction of Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000.
That’s all about the 10 best SBI credit cards. Let me know which credit card are you applying from the SBI card list?
5 thoughts on “Top 10 Best SBI Credit Card India Review 2023”
please read so that u do not have to loose your mental peace and repent later on the way i m going through
bottom line: COME WHAT MAY , NEVER EVER GET ANY SBI CREDIT CARD
1. I have been using the SBI Platinum credit card for past 4 years and have been mentally tortured for three times and every time on complaining and pursuing the matter for long time they ensured not to repeat the same in the future.
2. with me the problems occurred was dishonor fee inspite of having sufficient balance in my sbi savings account. though this also can be resolved but the biggest drawbacks and irritating is PATHETIC CUSTOMER SUPPORT.
3. You keep sending them mail and call customer care but no one really bothers. there is fixed computer generated mail that will be sent by you and no one will resolve your problem. once you threaten them to close the account then they will try to persuade you but again they will commit the same crime. one more thing these all process takes at least 3 months after escalating the matter to CS Head.
4 IF ANY ONE LOVES TO REMAIN IN PEACE THEN PLS SEE THE MAIN DRAWBACKS AND NEVER I REPEAT NEVER GET SBI CREDIT CARD
a. Pathetic customer support.
b. No organisational hierarchy like if nodal officer confirm that you are right and they will refund your undue charges back, suddenly customer care will send u a message the IT CAN NOT BE DONE DUE TO INTERNAL MATTER and then your all effort goes to zero again
c. No one reads ur mail and every time you call u have to explain them and they behave like jokers. my Monthly expense was approx 65000.
d. THERE IS MISNOMER ON THE NAME OF SBI as there is direct link between sbi savings bank and sbi card. this i came to know when i visited the bank and met branch manager to complain the issues. the branch gave in writing that i had sufficient balance and bank statement was attached. even then no body bothers the effort and literally i told them that i will go legally.
e. there is no one in person where u can go and explain ur problem and online response is i THINK WORST THAN ANY ONLINE PORTAL EXISTING AS OF NOW. I HAVE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT FOREVER AND TAKEN OATH THAT I WILL NEVER EVER DO SUCH MISTAKES OF HAVING SBI CREDIT CARD
THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE TO SHARE . HOPE IT HELPS
Please dont buy SBI credit card. They have worst customer care support, if you try to close the account then done, your credit card score will be effected. I suffered for 3 months and still no update. The superior officers also same as customer care guys and will not provide proper informtion.
Worst Customer Care support, they always give improper information. When you try to close and get NOC, they will make you wait for customer care and never resolve issue.
HOPELESS !!! SBI CREDIT CARD — CHEATERS !!! THEY PERSUADE YOU TO TAKE THEIR CREDIT CARD GIVING FALSE ASSURANCES THAT IT IS A FREE CARD .. AND THEN THEY KEEP CHARGING YOU .. AND THEN ENSURE THAT YOUR CIBIL SCORE IS DAMAGED .. CHEATERS !!!!!!!
An identity fraud was committed by fraudsters under my name using forged copies of my PAN card & Aadhaar card. I had launched a police complaint with Samta Nagar police station on 8th August 2018.
Rabale Police has caught one of these fraudsters, related FIR and my statement to Rabale police is attached for your reference.
I have sent multiple emails containing my Police Complaint, Rabale Police FIR, My Statement, and all documents required by SBI for their investigation to SBI banks nodal office and SBI investigation team, same is also attached for your reference.
SBI bank’s investigative representative assured me that their recovery agents & legal team will not call, visit or harass me ever again. But SBI bank’s Recovery Agents & Legal Team keep harassing me by calling me at work & residence, visiting my office, calling my friends, family & friends of my family.
SBI has zero inter-department communication and this fraud has happened due to SBI banks incompetent KYC team and fraud Logistics partners who never checked for the right person or address and just delivered credit card without any true verification.
This is plain negligence and fault of SBI bank and they are harassing me for their incompetence and this is nothing but plain harassment & a serious violation of the law!
SBI Banks negligence & harassment is taking a huge toll on my mind, health, work, and family; hence I request the police to take immediate action against SBI banks unprofessional and incompetent recovery agents and legal department.