Last Updated: 19th March 2019
My first credit card was ICICI Platinum that I got just after getting my first job in 2006. I fall in love with credit cards. At that time, Indians banks did not provide great offers on credit cards. Still saving some money as cashback and rewards was good.I decided to make an exclusive portal, just for the discussions of credit cards. Last year I earned more than 10,000 rupees just from the credit cards rewards and cashback.I reviewed and compared all credit cards in India before making the fresh and updated list. Let’s help each other in finding the top credit cards in India 2019
- Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
- ICICI instant platinum card
- SBI simply click the credit card
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Citibank Cashback Card
- Indian Oil Citi (IOC) Platinum Credit Card
- Amex Travel Platinum Card
- Citi Premiermiles Credit Card
- HDFC AllMiles Credit Card
- SBI ELITE Credit Card
- American Express® MakeMyTrip Credit Card
- American Express® Gold Credit Card
If you don’t have time to read the entire article then pick one of following based on your requirements.
- If you are salaried and applying for the first time, then simply click here to apply for Standard Chartered Platinum Credit card which is lifetime free and easy to get approved.
- If you want 5% cash back on groceries and 3x reward points on shopping then go for Manhattan Card
- For Travel related benefits apply for Amex Travel Platinum or Citibank PremierMiles.
Now read the detailed review of each card…
Best credit card in India for Salaried Person 2019
#1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
Standard chartered manhattan platinum card was my preferred card last year and I want to continue using this card in 2017 as well.Primary purpose of using standard chartered manhattan card is 5% cashback on grocery in supermarkets. I spend around 6000 rupees every month on groceries. I usually make bills around 3000 and get straight 150 rupees into my account as cashback. It’s real cash without any hidden clause.You can earn maximum of 6000 rupees per year and use to pay the bill of your credit card.
Fee & Charges
Joining Fee – Rs.499 (Spend Rs 30,000 in first year and get a waiver on your joining fee)First Year Annual Fee – NilAnnual Fee onwards from Second Year – Rs.999 (Spend Rs 60,000 in a year and get a waiver on your renewal fee)
Key Benefits of Manhattan Credit Card
- 5% cashback on purchase at supermarkets and departmental stores like More, Reliance fresh, Big bazar and Food bazar.
- 5x rewards when you use your credit card to pay for Hotels, Dining, Airline ticket reservation and Fuel.
- 20% cashback on Uber rides
Important Points regarding Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
- You can earn upto Rs. 500 as cashback every month.
- Can earn Maximum cashback per transaction is Rs.150
- Minimum transaction amount for cashback eligibility is Rs.750
Best Credit Card in India with no Annual Fee
#2. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
No annual fees or joining fees for Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card.You have high chance of approval of Platinum card if you are a salaried employee. You can request for upgrade to Manhattan card whenever you need in the future (approval based on your salary & credit card usage)Who Should Apply? Salaried people who want to own all rounder credit card without paying annual fees.
Benefits of Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
- Get additional 1000 rewards points if you transact within 60 days
- Bonus 500 points for registering for online banking
- 20% cashback on Uber rides
- 5 points on spending 150 rupees on dining
- 5 points on spending 150 on fuel
#3. ICICI Instant Platinum Card
ICICI offers a simple credit card without any annual fees. If your application got rejected for Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card then you can consider applying for ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card.Who should apply?ICICI credit card is a good option for Students, Housewives and Non-Salary people if they want to apply for credit card against a Fixed Deposit.
Key Benefits of ICICI Instant Platinum Credit Card
- 3 payback points for every Rs.100 spent.
- Get ₹ 100 off on movie tickets twice a month.
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver can be availed on fuel transaction of maximum ₹ 4,000 at HPCL pumps.
Note: If you got rejected for ICICI card then don’t apply for any other card. Your CIBIL report will get impacted negatively. You must get a credit card against Fixed Deposit by visiting your bank branch.
Best Credit Card in India For Online Shopping
#4. SBI Simply Click Credit Card
Simply Click Credit Card is third best credit card in India with a small annual fees that will be waived off if you spend 1L amount per year from the date of approval.If you love to shop online then you will find a lot of offers from Amazon, Flipkart, Makemytrip, Cleartrip and many more vendors. The details have been provided in key benefits.
Annual fee: 499 (waived off by spending 100,000 in one year)Bonus: Rs 500 voucher from Amazon
Key Benefits of SBI SimplyClick Credit Card
- 10X rewards on online spends – Amazon / BookMyShow / Cleartrip / Foodpanda / FabFurnish / Lenskart / OLA / Zoomcar
- Earn 5X rewards on all other online shopping
- A welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs 500 from Amazon
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver (on 500+ trasaction amount)
- Cleartrip e-voucher worth Rs.2,000 on annual online spends of Rs. 1 Lakh (one more 2000 e-voucher on another 1Lakh milestone)
Best Credit Card For Utility Bill Payments
#5. Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Standard chartered super value titanium credit card is the best credit card that gives 5% cashback at spending money on fuel in India. It also gives 5% cashback on utility and telephone bill payments.No other card offers such types of benefits.
- Joining Fee – Rs.499
- First Year Annual Fee – Nil
- Annual Fee Onwards From Second Year – Rs.750.
- Fee Waived Off– Call customer care to check if they waive the annual fee.
Benefits of Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
- Get 5% cashback on fuel at all petrol pumps in India. You will receive a 2.5% surcharge reversal and 2.5% cash back on the transaction amount at any petrol pump, be it BPCL, IOC, HPCL or Reliance.
- 5% cashback on all telecom payments including phone bills
- 5% cashback on all utility bill payments, allowing you to save more on electricity, gas and water.
- Get 1 reward point per Rs.100 on all other spends.
Every reward point is worth 30 paisa.
#6. Citibank Cashback Card
Citibank cash credit card gives you 5% cashback on utility payments and movie tickets. But there is no benefit for fuel spends, you have to apply for IOC card separately to get benefits on fuel.
- First Year Annual Fee – Rs. 500
- Annual Fee Onwards From Second Year – Rs. 500
- Fee waiver– Call customer care to check if they waive the annual fee
Key Benefits of Citibank Cashback Card
- 5% cashback on movie tickets payments.
- 5% cashback on all your telephone bills.
- 5% cashback on all utility bill payments made online through citibank online bill pay.
- 0.5% cashback on all other spends.
Important Point regarding Citibank Cashback Card
- Cash back in the Telephone / Movies / Utility category is capped at Rs.100 per month for each category.
- Hassle free redemption of cashback in multiples of Rs.500.
Who should apply?If your monthly expense of telephone/ movies/ bill payment is around Rs 2000 each then it best for you. You can save around Rs.300 per month with additional 0.5% cashback on all other spends.
Best Credit Card for Fuel in India 2019
#7. Indian Oil Citi (IOC) Platinum Credit Card
IndianOil citi platinum credit card is one of the famous card for maximum benefits on fuel.It gives 4 turbo points per Rs. 150 on fuel, one turbo point is equal to Rs.1 fuel. That means benefit of 2.67% + you will get waiver on 2.5% of surcharge on fuel.
- Annual Fee – Rs 1000
- Fee Waiver– On spending atleast Rs 30,000 per annum.
Key Benefits of Indian Oil Citi Platinum Credit Card
- Get benefits of worth Rs 250 on the activation of card.
- 4 Turbo Points on Rs.150 of fuel purchases at authorized IndianOil Retail Outlets across the country.
- 2.5% of fuel surcharge waiver.
- 2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets.
- 1 Turbo Point on Rs.150 spent elsewhere like Shopping, Dining and more.
- You get 4 turbo points on fuel only when you purchase fuel at Indian Oil retail outlets.
- One turbo point is equal to Rs 1 of free fuel that you can redeem at any Indian Oil retail outlets.
Who should buy it ?The fuel benefit is applicable on indian oil’s outlets so you should apply only if you fill fuel at the indian oil outlets.
Looking for more fuel credit cards? Read here – Best credit card for fuel
Best Credit Card in India for Travel 2019
#8. Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card
Amex Platinum Travel credit card is one of best travel credit card available in India. Unlike the other travel credit cards, Amex platinum travel card offers the same benefits throughout the all travel booking portals.If every time you book your travel tickets with different airlines then this credit card must be in your wallet.In benefits, Platinum travel credit card offers welcome gift, annual spend base gift vouchers along with regular milestones.Let’s have a look on the benefits
- Enjoy the welcome gift of 5000 bonus milestone redeemable for travel voucher worth Rs 4000.
- Spend 1.90 lakh in a year and get Indigo voucher worth Rs 6000 (valid for 6 months).
- Spends 4 lakh in a year and get additionally 10,000 milestones redeemable for Indigo voucher worth Rs 10,000 (valid for 6 months)
- On spending 4 lakh also get a gift voucher from Taj group worth Rs 10,000 ( valid for 6 months)
These are only bonus offers. Still there are many other regular offers remainOther Benefits of Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card
- Earn 1 membership reward point for every Rs 50 spends except fuel, insurance, utility bill payment and cash transaction
- Enjoy 4 complimentary visits to per year to 29 airport lounges in 12 cities across India
- Enjoy up to 20% off every time you dine at select restaurant partners.
- Get exclusive discount on flight or hotel booking through MakeMyTrip.
- The redemption value of 1 reward point is = INR 0.50 if you go for indigo voucher.
PS – You can redeem reward points from other over 600 other redemption options as well (redemption value will vary depending upon the item redeemed).Fee & Charges
First Year Annual Fee – Rs 3500Renewal fee – Rs 5000
There is no direct way to get annual fee waiver but you can ask the customer care for the same while renewal the credit card.
Who Should Apply for this?
This card performs best at an annual spend of 4 lakh. If your annual spend will be 4 lakh then the AMEX platinum travel credit card is the best card for you.
#9. Citi Premiermiles Credit Card
If you are regular traveler along with doing transactions online then citi premiermiles credit card is one of the best card for you. This card gives rewards in the form of miles that you can redeem a over a 100 domestic and international airlines.Annual fee – Rs 3000
Fee Waiver -Annual fees will not waived off. But if you spend Rs.1000 with your card within the 60 days you will get 10,000 miles. You can redeem that miles at citibank’s preferred partner. The value of these miles is 10,000= Rs. 4500, Rs.1500 more than annual fee.
Key Benefits of Citi Premiermiles Credit Card
- Get 10,000 miles with your first spend of Rs 1,000 or more on your citi PremierMiles card within 60 days of card issuance.
- Get 3,000 miles on card renewal.
- Earn 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on exclusive website www.premiermiles.co.in.
- Earn 10 miles for every Rs.100 spent on all airlines transactions.
- Earn 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent on flipkart and makemytrip.
- Earn 4 miles for every Rs 100 spent on all other transactions.
- Provides air accident insurance cover upto Rs.1 crore.
- It also provides complimentary language accessed to participating airport lounges in india.
- Redeem miles across over a 100 domestic and international airlines.
- You can also redeem mile, the value is 100 miles= Rs. 45 at citibank’s preferred partners.
- Redeem your miles up to 3 hours before take off.
Who should buy it ?This card is best for regular traveler. Because you will get 10% rewards miles for your spend.
#10. HDFC AllMiles Credit Card
HDFC AllMiles credit card is premium traveler credit card of HDFC that offers 2 times more reward points on spending exclusively allmiles website.Along with regular reward points, it also provides bonus reward points on joining and on renewal also.
- Annual Fee – Rs.1000
- Annual Fee Waiver – Spend Rs.15,000 within the 90 days of the card setup date and get waiver of first annual fees.
- Spend Rs. 1,00,000 in a year and get waiver of next year’s annual fees.
Key benefits HDFC AllMiles Credit Card
- Get welcome gift of 1,000 reward points.
- Get 1,000 renewal reward points.
- Get 3 reward points per Rs.150 you spent on anything.
- Enjoy double reward points on your spends on allmiles website.
- Fuel surcharge waiver capped at Rs.500 every billing cycle (ST applicable)
- Provide lounge access at airports in india or overseas.
Redeem your reward points for air miles, 100 points= 50 Air miles or Rs.50 Air voucher.
#11. SBI ELITE Credit Card
SBI is one of the leading public bank in india and giving tough competition to its competitors in the credit card service also.SBI elite card comes with a number of offers for spending on departmental stores, grocery and dining.Annual Fee – Rs. 4,999Renewal Fee– Rs. 4,999
Fee Waived Off There is no way to waived off annual fee or renewal fee. But on the issuance of card you get a gift voucher of worth Rs. 5000 same as the amount of annual fee.
Key Benefits of SBI Elite Credit Card
- Welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs 5000 from popular brands.
- Free movie tickets worth Rs. 6,000 every year. It is valid for at least 2 tickets per booking per month. Maximum discount is Rs.250/ ticket for 2 tickets only.
- Earn 10,000 bonus reward points on achieving annual spends of Rs 3 lakhs and 4 lakhs.
- Earn 15,000 bonus reward points on achieving annual spends of Rs 5 lakhs and 8 lakhs.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps maximum up to Rs. 250 subjective to transaction from Rs.500 to Rs.4000.
- Earn 2 reward points per Rs.100 on all spends.
- Earn 5X reward points on dining, departmental stores, grocery and international spends.
- Enjoy complimentary domestic lounge access twice every quarter at airport lounges in india.
- Worth of 4 reward points = Rs.1.
- You can pay your card outstanding with reward points.
Let me know your favorite credit card in the comments